Oct 10, 2010

All About ME - Day 2

It's Favorite Movie day.  I am semi-cheating and declaring a tie.  So there.  And the winners are...



I love, love, LOVE The Godfather.  Like obsessive love.  If you're familiar with Bravo, you know they are also obsessed with The Godfather.  And, when they do weekend marathons, I am there.  Yes, I own The Godfather.  But Bravo sometimes runs the version of The Godfather that has I & II weaved together into one L-O-N-G movie, and I watch it.  Sometimes they run The Godfather on a loop for like 24 hours, and I watch that, too. I have a problem.  Sometimes they run I, followed by II, then loop that.  I watch that, too.  I do NOT -- I repeat, I DO NOT -- watch III.  I refuse. 


And, I also LOVE this movie, for entirely different reasons.


This is one of my favorite scenes from To Kill A Mockingbird.  The trial is over, and the elderly black man tells Scout to stand up because "Your father's passing."  Everyone in the balcony stands as he exits the courtroom, out of respect and appreciation.  Very powerful moment.  I cannot express how much this movie means to me.  On an amusing side note, I recall telling an attorney acquaintance that he reminded me of Atticus Finch.  From his reaction, I gauged that is pretty much the highest compliment you can give a lawyer, as those of you in the field probably know.  Now I'm itching to watch this movie (and read the book) as soon as possible. 

How about you?  P.S.  Feel free to join the All About ME 30 day meme!  Tomorrow's post: Your favorite TV show. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Great picks!!! I am so checking Bravo for a future marathon - I never noticed they did that.

Desiray said...

Glad to see you had a me day..we need those types of days..I know yesterday I just felt like doing not much I wanted to just watch tv..and that is what I did caught up on all my cooking shows...

Mrs. D said...

Hey there! I tagged you in my blog:
http://growingupat23.blogspot.com/2010/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Come visit and share your answers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
(c) Copyright 2011 Keenly Kristin. Blog Design by Zany Dezines.